News & Events
June 2nd and 3rd, all the Masses
Extraordinary Eucharistic Ministry of Holy Communion in the Archdiocese must be commissioned at a parish of the Archdiocese.
- They must also be registered with the Office of Divine Worship.
- EMHCs should be commissioned on the Feast of Corpus Christi each year.
- The Commission lasts for a period of 3 years. This can be renewed.
- Pastors will ensure that all EMHC have received adequate training either at the local parish or at an Archdiocesan training session prior to ...
MAY 20th after the 10:30 Mass
Eight other local churches participated in the area around their locations.
June 16 After 5 pm Mass
- Tickets will go on sale Mother's Day weekend, May 12-13 after masses. $15 each.
- Dine in the Fr. John Amsberry Social Hall knowing that all proceeds for this fundraiser go to the future scholarships fund.
- For more information, contact David Mastroieni 503-998-1070 or email email@example.com
Every 2nd and 4th Saturday, Noon to 2:00 pm.
See Helping Hands Ministry for further information.
Nov. 16, 17, 18
- Start your craft projects, plan for baked goods, and join us for the Fall Altar Guild fundraiser.
- Contact Michelle Craver with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-381-2950
Faith Formation youth brought flowers for Mary and sang songs for the congregation; the Knights of Columbus added to the celebration.
Saturday May 5th at the annual potluck;
Jo Tuner was elected President, and Mary Butler elected as treasurer, they are joining Elsie White as Vice President and Cindy Mackley as Secretary. Darlene Wilhelm is passing the gavel to Jo. Thank you all for your service to our family here at St. Joseph the Worker.
Bricks to beautify our landscaping and to create memories
The Knights of Columbus are offering you the opportunity to add a brick to one of four locations within our new landscaping. The bricks can be printed with your name, the name of a loved one (living or deceased), with an event you want commemorated, or with an inspirational message of your choice.
The bricks will beautify four locations within our grounds:
- Under the St. Joseph statue located in the alcove to the right of the main church doors
- Under the American Flag located on the south end of the church/school building
- In the walking path through Mary's Prayer Garden (visible through the bank of windows in the sanctuary)
- In the wall that will border the Prayer Garden
For more information, or to order your brick, ...
The Eucharist is: Jesus truly present - Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity!
Join us to Adore our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament on Wednesday mornings after the 8:00 am Mass to 11:00 pm Thursday night, closing with Benediction. Please consider committing to 1 holy hour each week.
For signups and the code; contact Claire at the parish office, 503-761-8710 x 104 or email email@example.com
March 17, 2018 Great day for digging in the dirt. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
On St. Patrick's Day, seventy eager parishioners gathered at 8:00 in the morning, shovels, gloves, and trowels in hand, ready to tackle the hundreds of shrubs, bushes, and ground cover plants waiting to beautify our new beds. The day was overcast, the rains from previous days leaving the ground soggy, but that did not deter anyone. All "dug in" with zeal, forging mud and rain sprinkles, diligently working to get the beds ready for Easter.
Thanks to the many who came, most of whom are not pictured here. And a huge thank you to the crew who prepared a chili-dog lunch for everyone!
Time to clean out your closets, kitchen cabinets, and hall closets. Your extra "stuff" can be used at homes where others have very little. We are always in need of kitchen supplies, linen, bedding, towels, and beds. Bring your extra household items to our furniture/household goods module located in the back of the church on the second and fourth Saturday every month between NOON and 2PM. Smaller items can be dropped off at the parish office during normal business hours. Extra clothes can be brought to the St. Pauly Used Clothing Shed on the North end of the property. Thank you and God Bless your generosity. Deacon Mike
Updated Fees and Policies Available
If you are considering the rental of the remodeled Fr. John Amsberry Social Hall, you can contact the parish office for the new fee schedule and rental guidelines created by our parish Finance and Pastoral Councils.